Trying to find information or locate a WWI profile about a specific veteran in a group of 730+ names can be difficult.
Here is the easiest method:
- Go to the Brunswick County World War I veterans list by clicking here or the blue button labeled “WWI Brunswick Co. Veterans” on the top right of most pages.
- Names are listed alphabetically. Find your veteran name.
- If there is a blue link on the name, click on it to view either a WWI profile that has been posted or entries in the World War I Wall of Honor.
The Wall of Honor was created using photographs and stories sent to the Friends of Fort Caswell Rifle Range. There are Brunswick County veterans on that list. WWI profiles are being posted first on veterans who were wounded or died while serving. Any Brunswick County veterans on the Wall of Honor will eventually have a WWI profile posted.
- If there is a blue number after the name, click on it to view a reference to that veteran.
- If the date of death has a blue link, click on it to view the cemetery where the veteran is buried. Most of these are findagrave listings.
All stories and photographs are welcome.
If you have any findagrave listings for veterans, please send them to email@example.com. We hope to have a complete list eventually.